Friday, February 18, 2011

Batman Onesie for Ken - McCall's 6251

Ken's Batman Oncsie is done and mailed!  I did slightly better for time on this one.  It took me about 3 hours and 40 minutes.  
Ken is 6'2".  Based on his measurements, I cut a size XL with the following alterations:


I added 1" at the chest and 1/2" at the hip on the side seams (4" ease at chest, 6" ease at hips), essentially making an XXL.  
I added 3 1/2" of length to the sleeves.
I added 5" of length to the body: 2" at the torso, 2" mid-leg, and 1" at the hem.


I did a little better with the neckline ribbing this time.  How it curves down at centre front is good.  I sewed the neck seam with 1/4" seam allowances.
Here's my label.
I told him to send me pictures as soon as he gets it.  Until then, I'll just have to trust my instincts that it will fit him.
I bought these boxes so I could send pants back and forth to my brother.  They're the perfect size for onesies!  
What a fun project!  I hope I can make many more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment