A few months ago, Audrey from my choir asked if I could make her a jumper. After the Christmas season was over, I finally had time to get to it. I had this pattern in my stash, and we picked out a design.The only thing we changed from this view was the slit. I put two 6" side slits instead of the one on the front.
The gray fabric is from Fabricland. It's gorgeous. It has a nice twill texture to it, a bit of stretch, and it's a rayon blend, so it feels wonderful. It was fantastic to work with.
The pattern in my stash is in the 12-20 size range, and I was hoping to get the smaller one. It's discontinued already! Drat! I had to do a bit of tweaking to the size 12 to get it to fit Audrey. I referred to the Vogue sheath dress that I made her last June (a size 8/10), and made a few minor adjustments. The bodice was quite long. I think it had to do with the extra length in the shoulders. It should have been a size 8. I ended up taking 2" of length from the waist. Since this is a jumper and she would be wearing it over shirts and sweaters, we were okay with a little extra room. I only took in the side seams above the waist about one size line. Audrey is 5'6", and I added 3" in length, and only hemmed it 1". If you're not short, double check the length!
I love the tabs at the waist! They were really easy to do, and they just make this look super cute.
I topstitched the yoke, neckline, armholes, and tabs in matching thread, and used some big black buttons from my button jar.
We are both very pleased with the fit of this jumper, and Audrey's excited to get lots of wear out of it this winter!