|Kwik Sew 3238|
|First test pair|
|Second pair. Wearable!|
I thought I'd share my "sandwich" method that I used. I've seen a few other people do this. The pattern calls for lining only on the front piece. I wanted to line the whole thing. Layer front, back, back, and front. I would recommend pinning it loosely and checking. At the end of the day, it took me 3 tries to get it right, including sewing it together wrong once. That was my cue to quit! Thankfully, I still had my serger knife disengaged, so I didn't cut anything off.
This is what it looks like when it's done right. I am loving doing everything on my serger, and I'm not even pressing anything.
Once I sewed all my side seams together, I pinned the lining to the outer layer. Once this was done, I serged the elastic on.
As of today, I have 2 pairs of flame bottoms done, except for the coverstitch, which I will be doing after all the other blue items are done.
I also cut out my 4 pairs of blue bottoms, and lining! It's a lot of work to make 6 of anything, no matter how small! I will be doing a lot of marathon sewing later this week to finish these bottoms and make the blue halter tops.
I'm so excited about the blue ones! I love my flame fabric, but I've been handling it a lot lately, and cutting into the blue stuff was the highlight of my day!