Audrey is a lady from choir. She asked me to make her a simple sheath dress for her upcoming birthday. I happened to have this pattern in my stash, and it was even in her size range. I picked it up in a bin sale ages ago, thinking it would be useful to have in my stash for this very purpose.
She loved the design. I decided to cut a 6-8-10, and I folded up the petite 'shorten' lines. This was a very good decision. The waistline hit her at exactly the right place, and it hung beautifully.
I sewed the lining together first, so we could adjust the fit. I added a seam at the waist and used cotton for the bodice and satin for the skirt.
It fit her like a glove. It was a little tight at the bust and under the arms, so I let out the side seams 2", and I lowered the armhole. I also made a 1/2" swayback adjustment.
The blue print is rayon, and it was wonderful to work with. It pressed very well, and was light and drapey.
I sewed this entire dress in 7 1/2 hours. What a great, easy project. And what a great fit!
Audrey, you look fabulous! Happy Birthday!