Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kimono Sleeve Top - Version 3 - Burda 7866

My choir was in a concert, and we were asked to wear black bottoms and bright, solid-coloured tops.  I decided to whip up another version of my favorite kimono sleeve top.  
I thought I had enough royal blue knit in my stash, but this shirt is very wide, and I didn't have enough.  So, I went to Fabricland and picked out some bright purple rayon knit.  I gotta say, this is the trickiest knit I have ever worked with.  This top took me 2 hours and 15 minutes, which is slightly longer than both my previous versions.  This is one of those knits that likes to curl, and it was slinky and scrunchy and just finicky.  But I conquered it.  
For a fun splash of colour (and because I had no purple thread in my stash), I serged all my seams with orange thread, and I did a backwards orange coverstitch around the neckline, just for something different.  I didn't do a very good job on the neckline, as I sewed this top the morning of the concert and was in a huge rush.  But it turned out quite fine anyways.  
The concert was an absolute blast.  Now I have no more choir until September!  Oh me, oh my! what am I going to do with myself?!  I guess I'll have to sew.  Yes, I think that's a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment