I made this dress for Nina to wear to her brother's wedding. We went fabric shopping together, and she picked the pattern and the fabric (with my 2 cents thrown in, of course!).
The bodice is lined in cotton broadcloth, and the skirt is a slinky polyester satiny fabric that we found in the bargain bin. I gotta say, I'm loving the contrast of the funky skirt!
The back of the bodice of this dress was kinda weird, so I changed it completely. They have you make an elasticized section at the center back, and there's no zipper. Judging by how snug it fits at the waist seam, I don't see how you could pull it on without a zipper. I created a seam at the center back and put in an invisible zipper.
I originally put in side seam pockets, but when Nina tried the dress on, they flipped out funny. So I sewed them shut. Problem solved.
I was pleasantly surprised that this dress went together very easily. The design was very simple, and it practically sewed itself!