Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!


This is the first time since college that my hubby has dressed up for Halloween.  And for myself, it's the first time I've dressed up to actually go out.  I usually just dress up for work.  It was so much fun!  Tyler found a mullet wig, an old hat that said "Tomato Festival '85", and a red plaid flannel coat.  He makes a pretty cute redneck!  And I gotta say, for how obnoxious it was, I was really digging the mullet!
I wore my gypsy costume that I made 6 years ago.  This is the first time I've worn it since that year!  I lent it to my mom a couple times, and to 2 other people.  I didn't like how the vest cuts off at the waist (not flattering on a short-waister like me), but by wearing my corset underneath, I solved that problem.  I tried it with a blonde wig this time, instead of the black one I wore before.  I don't think gypsies are supposed to be blonde, but what the heck, I still looked cute.  
Here are some of my favorite costumes from that night.
Fiona & Shrek
Roman couple
Marie Antoinette
Men's costume contest
It was a really fun night.  I can't wait to make more costumes!  I already have one in the works (started it 3 years ago!), and I really want to finish it.  I also need to make something for Tyler.   
And just for fun, here are a couple pictures I took of a house in our neighbourhood.  They always have this ghoul hanging over their door (the one on the right), but they went all out this year and filled their whole front yard with creatures and scary things.
 I was particularly tickled by this poor lady.  I thought you guys would get a kick out of her too.  
 I don't know about you, but every once in a while, I work so hard on a big project, that I feel like this when I'm done.  Let's remember her and remind ourselves to take it easy!  Sewing is supposed to be fun!
  I hope everyone had fun on Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment