Connor's quilt, otherwise known as Boy Quilt #1, was finished around the end of October or beginning of November.I was thrilled to be able to use my new industrial Singer, which I bought from one of our upholstery customers. It's from the 70's, and it's in absolute mint condition. We got it serviced, and it runs like a dream. Now I have an industrial sewing machine at home and at mom & dad's. Once you go industrial, you get rather spoiled!
I think finishing this first quilt was the wall I was beating my head against. Once I finally finished it, my sewing mojo came back in droves!
I even used some new fabric I bought on our 2-weekend shop hop. I bound the quilt in the lime green stripe.
I was so happy to wrap this one up! My second one whipped together in record time, and now I'm just itching to get more done!
Connor and his family finally came to visit on Sunday, so I got to give him his quilt and take some pictures!
It's just big enough for the whole family. Aw...
Later that night, I was pleased to find these 2 adorable photos on Facebook. This is the best part of sewing for others. :)