Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nina’s 60’s Dress – June 2010

Nina had a 60’s theme party to attend, and the weekend before, she asked me if I had any ideas.  I thought, hey, I have a muslin of the cutest dress pattern that I made for myself!  We can have you try it on, decide what size to make, and I can whip up a dress for you in a matter of hours! 



She went bargain hunting at the fabric store and found a fabulous brown plaid wool and complementing cream fabric.  My mom recently betrothed a giant jar of buttons to me, and we dug out a nice big white button for the collar.


I decided to cut the pockets at a 45 degree angle, and the results were spectacular.  I was so thrilled that I sent Nina a text message the moment I cut them out and laid them on the dress pieces.  “The diagonal pockets are SO CUTE!”  Yes, I know.  I’m a dork.  But little things like this are what make sewing fun, right?


I had so much fun sewing this dress.  It was just the thing I needed to give me a boost in the midst of 2 big wedding projects.























1 comment: